With more than a decade of experience working for NY State environmental and green energy agencies, Mitch can advise clients on compliance with local, state, and federal statutes and regulations relating to the development of real estate. He is skilled in reviewing development proposals to determine what, if any, permits and approvals are required from or by government agencies, as well as assessing projects for consistency with SEQRA and local laws. Mitch’s zoning and land use experience includes representing clients before local planning and town boards, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC), the Environmental Protection Agency, the United States Army Corps of Engineers, and other federal and state agencies. Legal representation also extends to permitting and enforcement proceedings before local, state, and federal agencies.
- Zoning: Submit required application on behalf of homeowners or businesses to county, town or village planning board or zoning board of appeal and advocate approval of permit or sit plan including review of any SERQA issues. Represent individual or groups in opposition to a requested zoning application.
- SEQRA: Review and analyze all aspects of a SEQRA review including federal, state or county oversight agencies.
- Municipalities: Represents the City of Hudson as its Assistant City Attorney, Town of Ancram and the Town of Ghent’s Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals and related zoning enforcement.
- Environmental Law: Provide counsel for approval of registration or permit applications or representation in an enforcement action or settlement of Consent Orders with the NYSDEC
- Article 78: Represent petitioners or respondents in Article 78 proceedings.